Many patients enjoy the convenience of having a doctor’s appointment from their home or office. They save time, avoid traffic, don’t have to wait, and don’t have to disrupt their daily routine, and it’s especially useful when they’re not feeling well. People can call in on their lunch breaks, during a child’s nap time, or in between other appointments. Telemedicine allows busy people more freedom and opportunity for self-care.
The growing field of telemedicine, also known as telehealth, is increasing patients’ access to naturopathic care. ND’s can now meet with patients via phone or video conference (i.e. Skype). We can now work with people who live all over the world from the comfort of their homes. Patients can stay home and sip their favorite tea while we chat about health and wellness. It’s like the modern day house call.
Dr. Holly German is now offering telemedicine appointments.
What works for telemedicine?
- New patient intake visits
- Follow up visits
- Annual wellness visits
- Lab reviews
What doesn’t work?
- IV or IM injection visits
- Physical check-ups (i.e. PAP smear, blood pressure check)
1) Technology – You’ll need reliable phone or internet service.
2) Focus – Set aside the time just for you and resist multi-tasking.
3) Privacy – You’ll want to be able to share your concerns and speak comfortably.